Sampeng market is one of the most exciting and busiest parts of Bangkok city. Sampeng market is located at Sampeng lane in Chinatown. It is a great attraction for tourists and locals in Bangkok,Thailand. In addition, this place is one of the cheapest places and have many cute things at sampeng for shopping. Sampeng market is the right place for you to get the best souvenir for your family and friends; this is one good reason to visit Sampeng Market. Then there is Sampeng Lane which is really just an extension of Sampeng Market. Although Sampeng Lane is mostly a wholesale fabrics market you can find the same items and accessories such as stickers, wigs, shoes, clothing, flashing knick-knacks, gems, jewelries and household items. Sampeng market was settled during the establishment of the capital of Rattanakosin, now it is called Bangkok by the Teochew Chinese who had been relocated to make way for the Grand Palace. When you walk around you will see a lot of old buildings with signs that have Chinese characters. This is because Sampeng has a deep historical significance with Thai and Chinese. So this place is well known as the oldest wholesale market in all of Bangkok.The original street of Sampeng, is now officially known as Soi Wanit 1
As you know, This is one of the best places to buy products and find cute things at sampeng wholesale rates in Bangkok. It is also the best place for you to enjoy shopping cute thing at sampeng. Sampeng Market is a place where you can find Gifts, cute things and Premium Products sold in retail & wholesale prices especially during the festivals throughout the year such as Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day and Christmas Season. Many small business owners come to Sampeng Market to buy wholesale priced products for selling in their shops. The price is cheap and the goods have nice designs. So many tourists love to buy cute thing at sampeng and travel in this market.
What you can buy
As you know that Thailand is abundant in natural resources, so of course you will see a lot of handmade goods. Let’s see what kind of handmade gifts and cute things at sampeng that visitors can buy from Sampeng market.
- Keychains made with wood with nice designs with good quality materials. The most interesting thing is in some shops you can design your own key chains. For example, you can put the name of the person or paint it by yourself.
- Jewelry – you will see plenty of handmade jewelry, you can find sorts of inexpensive jewelry from real silver,earrings, necklace, and rings.
- Thai Fabrics -Sampeng Market is also a wonderful place to pick out one of Thailand’s thousands of locally-produced Thai and cotton fabrics. There are many kinds of fabric with colorful designs and the price is cheap and the quality also good.
- Wrist watches – you will find many wrist watch shops with tons of variety and styles of watches. The degree of quality on wrist watch is something you should really examine while you’re at those shops.
- Flip flops– made with Thai rubber and also cheap, there are many kinds and colors.
- Stationeries– school supplies such as notebooks, calculators pens, and pencils
- Cosmetics – such as lipsticks, eyeliners, perfumes, and nail polish.
- Snacks – Sampeng Market has lots of stalls selling them. Dried fruit, spicy dried fruit, nuts, raisins, cookies, dried fish, dried squid, potato chips, taro chips.
- Phone cases – there are many nice phone cases with great designs. You will see different kinds of phone cases and different prices. However, all are low price.
This just an example of the things that you can find cute things at Sampeng market. You also can buy things such as, dolls, toys, hair wigs, costumes, hair pins, artificial flowers, household goods, cosmetics and souvenirs at Sampeng Market. Mobile gadgets are available in this market too. If you are good at bargaining, you can buy products at a much cheaper price at Sampeng Market. Many retail shopkeepers visit this market to maintain their product stock.
If you are feeling hungry, you can pass on to the side-way food stalls and restaurants. The food stalls serve a large number of mouthwatering dishes mostly of Chinese origin. At Sampeng market you can enjoy shopping and eating as the same time.
A majority of stores and shops in Sampeng open 7 days a week
Usually open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Most of the shops in this market sell goods like clothes or toys for children. This is one of the cute things at sampeng markets in Bangkok that remains open during daytime. On the weekends more crowded.
During the night time, most shops are open from 11:00 PM but most customers come at 1:00 AM until 6:00 AM in the morning. The goods that are sold during this time are the same as during the day-time but customers often buy goods in large amounts.
How to get there
There are many ways to get to Sampeng Market. You can get to Sampeng Market by Bus, Taxi, Rail, and express boat systems. But the easiest way to get to Sampeng is via the Chao Phraya Express Boat (N5 Ratchawongse or N6 Memorial Bridge/SaphanPhut) from Sathorn Pier, off SaphanTaksin BTS station. Get off at Rajchawongse Pier and walk straight on Ratchawongse Road for about 300 meters to get to the market. You can also travel via the mass transit systems; go to Hualumphong(MRT) or Wong Wian Yai(BTS) and take a short taxi ride to Sampeng.
Hotels nearby Sampeng Market
For those who want to shop at night time, near Sampeng Market, you will find a large number of hotels that vary in price, services and offerings. Hotels ranking from 1 star to 5 star luxurious hotels are available in this region.
- Sampeng Lane (Soi Wanit 1), Bangkok
- Open daily, around 09:00–17:00
- Admission: Free